1 result for (book:ur2 AND session:735 AND stemmed:appl)
– The "Unknown" Reality: Volume Two
– Section 6: Reincarnation and Counterparts: The “Past” Seen Through the Mosaics of Consciousness
– Session 735: The Symphony of Your Being. Probable and Reincarnational Selves, Tragic Lives, World Goals, and History
– Session 735 February 3, 1975 9:12 P.M. Monday
[... 13 paragraphs ...]
An apple can be red, round, weigh so much, be good to eat, sit in a basket, but be natural on a tree. It can be tart or sweet. You can find one on the ground, or on a table, or in a pie. None of these things are contradictory to the nature of an apple. You do not ask: “How can an apple have color and be round at the same time?”
(Long pause.) You can look at an apple and hold it in your hands, so it is obvious that its shape does not contradict its color. You see that an apple can be red or green or both. If I said: “Apples sit quietly on a table,” you would have to agree that such is sometimes the case. If I said: “Apples roll down grassy inclines,” you would also have to agree. If I said: “Apples fall down through space,” you would again be forced to concede the point. It would be clear to you that none of these statements contradicted each other, for in different circumstances apples behave differently.
(9:40.) So far, you do not hold your consciousness in your hand, however. When I speak of the behavior of your psyche, then, you may wonder: “How can my psyche exist in more than one time at once?” It can do this just as an apple can be found on a table or on the ground or on the tree.
(Then:) Change that last sentence to read: “just as apples …” (My emphasis.
[... 1 paragraph ...]
The inside dimensions of consciousness cannot be so easily described, however. If you ask: “How can I have reincarnational and probable selves at once?”, you are asking a question comparable to the one mentioned earlier, colon: “How can an apple have color and be round at the same time?”
[... 66 paragraphs ...]
– The Early Sessions: Book 8 of The Seth Material
– Session 401 March 27, 1968 9:05 PM Wednesday
– The Early Sessions: Book 9 of The Seth Material
– Session 430 August 22, 1968 8:41 PM Thursday
– The Early Sessions: Book 7 of The Seth Material
– Session 324 March 6, 1967 9pm Monday
– The Personal Sessions: Book 5 of The Deleted Seth Material
– Deleted Session May 28, 1979 10:15 PM Monday