1 result for (heading:"650 march 22 1973" AND stemmed:wealthi)
– The Nature of Personal Reality
– Part Two: Your Body as Your Own Unique Living Sculpture. Your Life as Your Most Intimate Work of Art, and the Nature of Creativity as It Applies to Your Personal Experience
– Chapter 13: Good and Evil, Personal and Mass Beliefs, and Their Effect Upon Your Private and Social Experience
– Session 650, March 22, 1973 9:50 P.M. Thursday
[... 7 paragraphs ...]
Many believe — using the first diagram — that it is “good” and morally superior to be Christian, white, wealthy and in excellent health. Now, though this does not appear in the diagram, the word “male” can also be added to the list of preferred attributes.
[... 8 paragraphs ...]
Here we have a system of belief in which it is wrong to be white, American, or wealthy, or even at all well-off in financial terms. All of the distortions in Christianity are apparent, where the first group is blind to them, of course. Here, though, wealth and a white skin are not only bad, but obvious symptoms of moral deterioration. If the first system of beliefs sees money and goods as a sign of God’s blessing, the second group views material possessions as evidence of spiritual decay.
Here the exotic is romanticized, the foreign held up, the picturesque seen as the real. Black skin or brown skin becomes the criteria of spiritual perfection, and poverty a badge of honor to be worn not only proudly, but often to be used as an aggressive tool. The people who follow these belief systems think that they are right. Their living style, community affiliations, and political leanings will be in direct opposition to the “white-wealthy” ethic.
Now if you happen to be black or brown, poor, and believe in this system, you will at least feel secure within it. If you are instead white and wealthy and hold such beliefs, you will think yourself quite inferior indeed, and do everything in your power to show how picturesque, and liberal and open-minded, and black or brown you can be, while still being white, fairly well-off, and perhaps secretly addicted to your Christianity.
[... 26 paragraphs ...]
– The Early Sessions: Book 5 of The Seth Material
– Session 237 March 2, 1966 9 PM Wednesday as Scheduled
– The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events
– Part One: The Events of “Nature.” Epidemics and Natural Disasters
– Chapter 1: The Natural Body and Its Defenses
– Session 804, May 9, 1977 9:44 P.M. Monday
– The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression
– Chapter 10: Games That Anybody Can Play. Dreams and the Formation of Events
– Session 794, February 21, 1977 9:31 P.M. Monday
– The Way Toward Health
– Part Two: Starting Over
– Chapter 12: Early Instances of Death or Disease in Relationship to Further Reincarnational Influences
– June 18, 1984 4:02 P.M. Monday